Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Whimsical Wednesday ~ Why I'm a Stay - at - Home - Mama



Passionate Housewives Desperate for God by Jennie Chancey ...


I am currently reading the book Passionate Housewives Desperate for God by Jennie Chancey and Stacy McDonald.  I've wanted to read this for a while now and finally broke down and got it.  I must say, I love it.  My sister, Stacia, (who's 19 years younger than me) just got married and had her first baby.  I was talking to her last night and she’s anxious to get back out into world.  I urged to her to enjoy this time; her daughter will never be a month old again.  I can totally understand her need to get out and be social.  It’s hard to go from the life where you free to go and do as you please, to someone who has another human being that’s relying on you to fulfill their every need.  We live in a society that devalues the mother who chooses to stay at home.  Our mom was a stay at home mom up until I was a freshman in high school, when she went to nursing school.  I was so proud of her, but it really put a strain on the family.  She was always exhausted.  I mean yes she was still a great mother and a fantastic nurse.  But her time was divide and it really took a toll on her.

Still not convince, I started college with every intention of being a “career woman”.  I wanted to be a super social worker during the day and a super wife and super mama at night.  I knew I had what it took to do it and be all.  What change my mind?  I had a lot of friends in college who were married, married with kid, divorced with kids and single with kids.  Some of them were working one or more jobs just to make ends meet.   They were are great moms, but it just seemed like something was missing.  As I thought about trying to do it all with a physical disability.  I feared that my husband or my children would get the short end of my stick.  I could not even stand the thought of that happening. 


I’m all for women right – minus abortion -, but I do believe a woman’s husband and her children are her top priority. A woman’s choice to work or stay home should be between her, her husband and God.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so mush for visiting The Crippled Mama. I love comments!

Powered By Blogger