Sunday, February 23, 2014

Made to Crave ~ Chapter 13 ~Overindulgence

1.  What are the unspoken truths about in your church or circle of friends?   I don't know that there is one.  We have 3 or 4 fellowships a year (Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas and usually one in the summer or fall.)  These fellowships are infamous.  Ladies bring out their best dishes.  As for my friends, most of them are trying to eat and have their family eat healthy.  It is inspiring to talk with them and get ideas.  My best friend, Becki, is a high school culinary arts teacher.  I'm hoping she can give me some cooking lessons this summer.

2.  Have you ever thought of your overeating as an attempt to silence the cries of a hungry soul?  I hadn’t until I read this but I love this prospect and I hope that the Holy Spirit reminds me of this in times when I’m eating, but not really hungry.

3.  If you soul is like a ravenous vacuum cleaner, what kind of things has it sucked up over the years?  When I was in college, I drank.  After we were married and had kids, we stopped drinking.  Over the years I don’t know that I’ve replaced the drinking with eating but I think after 15 years of marriage and 2 kids I guess life just takes over.  I’m really bad at eating something salty and then something sweet and then something salty again.
4. Are you in the habit of depending on God for you daily needs as the Israelites did after they left Egypt?  Yes, I try to, but sometimes it’s too hard to give control.  I like to have a backup plan – just in case. 
What “manna” do you rely on most from God?  Probably peace and sanity.  I’ve suffer from depression and some other mental issues – most likely related to my Cerebral Palsy – most of more life.  I do take medication, but it is a daily struggle to fight day by day.  While there are things I can’t change; I have to trust that God is doing all things for my good.
5.  Have there been time in life when you struggled because you didn’t have what you needed?  I can’t really say I haven’t had what I needed.  I haven’t, however always taken advantage of them; especially medically.

How have the deprivations cause you to trust God that he can give what you to deal with food?    Where I’ve always had what I need, my live isn’t easy, but if I trust in God things seem to fall in place.  So, I know things we’ll be the same with my foods issues.

6.  “For He satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.” Psalm 107:9.  How do you respond to this promise?  I love it.  It’s one I need to stick on my fridge and memorize. 

     If you could ask God for one good thing that would help you to fill a deep and soul-filling satisfaction, what would it be?   Probably Strength and the desire to eat healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so mush for visiting The Crippled Mama. I love comments!

Powered By Blogger