Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Made to Crave - Chapter 8 - Making Peace with the Realities of My Body

1.  What physical trait do you wish you could change?  Probably my speech impediment.  It used to be my walking, but as I get older, not being able to walk bothers me, but being able to communicate with others now trumps that.  

     When the first time you remember being embarrassed  by this?  1st or 2nd grade,  I can remember I was suppose to go to a Easter Seal's sleep over and it was  the first time I remember being with other disabled children and I realized I was like them and "different" from other kids.  I was the only disabled student at my school and I basically did whatever anyone else did and it never occurred me that I was different.

      Are you more at peace with it now?  Most days I am.  Most people are very accepting of people with disabilities and try to listen  and understand me.  Every now and then I'll meet  someone who will not take the time.  Talking on the phone is hard for me .  I make  the kids make most of my "business" calls for me.:) :)

2.  When you consider previous efforts to modify your eating habits, what experiences or accomplishments motivate you?  Uh, I've never really tried to modify my eating habits before.:p 

3.  Have you ever thought of your physical flaws as beneficial? Yes, I think the CP is a huge part of my ministry.
      What may be hidden benefits?  I think my disablity has taught me to be more compassionate for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so mush for visiting The Crippled Mama. I love comments!

Powered By Blogger