Thursday, February 6, 2014

Made to Crave Blog Hop - Delighting in Obedience

What is obedience?
Obedience is the act of doing what someone ask or tells us to do?
We, as a culture, do not like to obey.
I, as a sinful human do not like to obey,
     In the Women's Devotional Bible,  Moses has just lead the people out of Egypt and received the 10 Commandments from God.  Right after this, the bible starts talking about oxen and slaves and how if someone steals from you, the must repay and how if some mistreats his slave, he may have to set him free for compensation.  I tend to get bored reading this part of the bible.  It just seems like that time and way of life is so far from where we are now, why should we study it?
    Because, it all points to obedience to God.
    Yikes!  Do I want to go there?   Uhm, No.
I was an obedient daughter (most of the time).  Isn't one of the privileges of being an adult that you no longer have to obey anyone?  I mean, doesn't society tells us that the ultimate success comes from being in charge.
      As a married woman, I must say I do struggle with obedience, or need I say it, submission.  Yes, I want to love and serve Barrett, but submit to him?  That's taking thing too far.  I mean I'm a sophisticated lady.  My college degree is made from the same paper Barrett's is.  I shouldn't have to obey him.
     BINGO!  I don't have to obey him.  I choose to obey him, because I love him.  And this is the same reason I choose to obey God.  I love HIM.  If he tells me to do something, then I have trust Him that it's for my good.    Is obeying God always easy; no.  Is it always fun?  no.  But obedience to God gives me peace.  This is where the delight in obedience comes from.    I need to remember 
that the times in my have gone the best or those time in my when I'm being the most obedient to God (and Barrett).    It's not exciting or fancy, but I have a good life.  Psalm 48:10 says; "Better is one day in Your courts than a thousand elsewhere.  I'd rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tenths of the wicked."    I would much rather be obedient to my Lord and be at peace than be disobedient to God and live my life in shamble  

1 comment:

  1. I love your take on obedience!! I, too, would rather be obedient to God and be at peace than be disobedient!!

    But Samuel replied, “What is more pleasing to the LORD: your burnt offerings and sacrifices or your obedience to his voice? Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice, and submission is better than offering the fat of rams.” 1 Samuel 15:22 (NLT)

    Thank you for sharing with us today!!

    In His love,
    Pat (OBS Blog Team)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so mush for visiting The Crippled Mama. I love comments!

Powered By Blogger