Friday, February 14, 2014

Made to Crave - Chapter 10 - This Isn't Fair

1.  Recall all the special occasions you've attended, what foods what food were present that you knew weren't good choices for you?  Uhm, both sweet and salty foods.  There's something about me eating something sweet that cause me to crave something salty, and vice versus. 

If you ate them, how much of your decision were based on telling yourself you deserve them?  Most of them.

If you passed them by, did you nevertheless regret you choice by saying is isn't fair?  Yes

2.  Have you experienced what it's like to starve temptation in any way?  Yes, but honestly it's been way to long.

How did it make you feel?  If I honestly seeking the Lord and relying on Him when I give something up; it feels great, very empowering.  However, if I'm trying to do it on my own I tend to fall on my face.

3.  What clues you in that you are relying on your own strength rather than God's strength when it comes to your battle with food? When I'm just eating to eat; empty calories.

4.  Have you ever felt your struggle with food is God's curse on you?  Not really.  I think God allows each person to have their own struggles in life.  Mine, right now, is not really about food.  Now that being said, yes I need to watch what I eat and loose a few pounds.  However, I feel like I have other struggles that demand my attention more.  

In what ways might you struggles be beneficial or even a blessing?  James 1:2 says "Consider it pure joy, brothers and sisters, when you encounter when you face trials of all kinds because you know the testing of your faith produces perseverance."  Do I like trials?  No, I don't think anyone like  to go through hardships, but they grow us.  They bring us closer to God and they also allow us the ability to minister to others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so mush for visiting The Crippled Mama. I love comments!

Powered By Blogger