Monday, February 17, 2014

Made to Crave - Chapter 11 - Stinkin', Rotten, Horrible, No Good Day

1.  Recall a a recent experience the tempted you to overeat or make bad food choices.  As many of you know Bobbye Sue is a Girl Scout and I am an assistant troop leader we are currently in the midst of COOKIES SEASON!!!  Last Saturday I literally had 64 boxes delivered to my house.  We (I) personally ordered 2 boxes of each kind for our family.  There's nothing more tempting than to know you have access to the delicious

      What specific feeling does this elicit on you?  I want me some cookies!!!
   
      Whether you resisted or gave in to your temptations, how were your emotions impacted?  Well, so far I've done pretty good at resisting.  (This is highly due to the fact that all the thin mints are currently promised to other people.)  It's hard, but I just keep thinking back to this study and what I've learned so far.                                                
   
2.  When you experience problems or difficult seasons in lie or your more likely to put on a mask and pretend everything is OK or to take of the mask and ask for help?    I'm more likely to pretend everything is OK.  Grin and bare it as they say.  No one likes a Debbie Downer. Funny thing is though, Barrett and the kids can always tell when something up, but I'll keep on pretending;   usually till I crash and have a melt down.

     How has this tendency impacted you ability to resist food temptations at such times?  May I skip to the next question please?  I am a food sneaker.  I can resist the urge (sometimes) to eat in front of people, but if you leave me alone with some doughnuts or cream cheese...well, let's just say I might be a little more tempted.  But as I said in question 1, Remembering what I've learned in this Made to Crave study has helped a lot.

3.  Have you ever prayed without words; just spending time alone with God?  YES, I love to do this.  1 Thessalonians 5:17 tells us to "Pray without ceasing."  We are to always prayer.  It should come as natural as breathing in and out.  God is my constant friend and companion;  He's there every move I make and He knows innermost thoughts.  So, yes I pray without words all the time.

4.  In the coarse of a normal day, what old lies about food make it hard to resist temptation?
     -No one can see you.
     -One more won't hurt.
     -I'll start eating better...tomorrow.
     -Doesn't soda have water in it?

Does going through hard times make these lies harder to resist? Yes

How can God love shown in these scriptures help your replace the lies?
   
                                                                                                    
These verses say that God loves us and His Love can give us strength.

                                  

If God were to speak Revelation 3:8 to you in regards to food, what would you hope to see and experience on the other side?  I'd hope to see the freedom to be myself and also the courage and power to do what I had to do to get to that freedom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so mush for visiting The Crippled Mama. I love comments!

Powered By Blogger