Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Made to Crave -Chapter 5 - Made for More

1.  When you think of past failure and current struggles with food, how do you hope the truth "I was made for more" may help you?  It encourages me to remember my  past victory.

2.  When you introduce yourself to someone you don't know, how do you describe yourself?  As a  wife and a mother.
    What might your introduction reveal about you understand you own identity? I would probably identify myself as a Proverb 31 &/or a Titus 2 women.  That I'm a woman chosen by God.

3.  Have you ever felt identified by your circumstances? How? Yes, I have been identified by my disability for all my life.  Most people people make their first assumption of you by what they see.  When the first thing they see is a person in a wheel chair or someone with a speech impediment, the can sometimes have opinions that have been formed by stories, past experiences or media perceptions.  While I know this is a natural thing to do it is still frustrating when I encounter it because it catches me off guard.  We actually experienced this Saturday night; we went out to eat and the restaurant really wasn't '"wheel chair" friendly. We had to wait for a table, which wasn't a big deal.  What bothered me is that the hostess almost made to much of a deal of if.  She kept trying to figure out where to seat us.  It made me feel like a burden on them.  Then, I sorta wanted to see how hard it was to get to the bathroom.  I must tell you, I already had the opinion form that it would be difficult - which it was.  But I was already upset and it was kind of my way of saying, "See, I knew they weren't accessible!"

4.  Insert your name and see how God sees you.
      Heather, the forgiven child  of God. (Rm 3:24)
      Heather, the set-free child of God. (Rm 8:1-2)
      Heather, the accepted child of God. (1 Cor. 1:2)
      Heather, the holy child of God. (1 Cor. 1:30)
      Heather, the made new child of God.  (2 Cor. 5:17)
      Heather, the loved child of God. (Eph. 1:4)
      Heather, the close child of God. (Eph. 2:13)
      Heather, the confident child of God. (Eph. 3:12)
     Heather, the victorious child of God. (Rm 8:37)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so mush for visiting The Crippled Mama. I love comments!

Powered By Blogger