Wednesday, March 30, 2011

HOME KEEPER'S JOURNAL: Spring Cleaning

The Homekeeper’s Journal is a way to keep track of your thoughts, in journal form, online. I have given you the prompts, written my own responses, and given you a Mclinky to use to leave the link to your own Journal entry. A link back here is nice. Its also a great way to get traffic moving to your blog and share your thoughts with others.
This week’s Homekeeper’s Journal is about Spring Cleaning of a different sort….


In my kitchen this week …..  Not much, cleaned it today

In my home this week …..  Trying to recoup from spring and gear up for the least 9 weeks of school.  I want to start a deep spring cleaning next week, so I'm getting ready for that.  I'm going to buy grocries  tomorrow.  Barrett has a confrence with Dalton's teachers tomorrow.  The kids got report cards yesterday and Dalton's grades really dropped.  Not sure what's up with that.  Bobbye Sue's suppose to go spend the night with a friend Friday Night.  She has a soccer game Saturday and then we have to  drive to White House to buy a scooter I found on  Craiglist.

Read these verses
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Hebrews 10:22
These verses tell me ……Everything starts with a pure and sincere heart.  If you think about this, it goes along   with both spring cleaning and renewing our relationship with God.  However, on my own I'm not likely to do a deep, thorough  cleaning until  I feel like I 'm being suffocated by the mess, just like sometimes I need t get into the darkness because I'm so far away from God, that it takes the prompting of the the Holy Spirit to get back to Him

Now read these verses
The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks. Luke 6:45
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

These verses tell me ………My attitude reflects what my mind thinks which reflects what I put into and expose it to.  I need to put good and pure things into my life, so that I can concentrate on God and live for him. 

I will start Spring Cleaning my Heart this week by …… Praying...I've been listening to the  book "The Power Of A Praying Parent".   It suggested going through a doing a "spiritual housecleaning" and actually going through and praying for my house room by room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so mush for visiting The Crippled Mama. I love comments!

Powered By Blogger