Friday, April 22, 2011

What's Good about Good Friday?

Have you ever contemplated on why the Friday before Easter is referred to as "Good Friday"?  For people who aren't Christians, Good  Friday is nothing more than a "holiday" off work; they may even get irritated because local and our federal bossinesses may be  closed.  Christians may or may not have much of a different view.  They know that it's the day that represent the day of Christ's crucifixion.  To think of the day that some dying as  a "good" seam absurd and unnatural to us.  Even if their death is a blessing, such as the end of a long bout of suffering, it it always a sad day when someone we love and care about dies and departs from our presence.   How sad it is to think that our savior; our Lord had to suffer and die such a tragic death.  It seams like this day should be called "Bad Friday".  However, it's the unseen deed that took place on Calvary's Mountain that made that day "good".  It was the shedding of Jesus' innocent blood that would be used to cover all of my sins and grant me my ticket to live for eternity in heaven.  It's not that I'm glad that He suffered and died; in fact, it sickens me.  However, I am so thankful that He did.  This is why I  think this day is called "Good" Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so mush for visiting The Crippled Mama. I love comments!

Powered By Blogger