Sunday, April 10, 2011

A to Z Blog Challenge - E is for Education

Alphabet Bears is for EDUCATION.  I'm not one of these people who thinks that everyone HAS  GOT TO go to college, but I do think education is very important.  Barrett and I were the first in our families to go to college.   That's where we met.  Yes, I want my kids to go to college, but above that I want them to follow God's will for there life.  We are fortunate to live in a community with good public schools,  I've been thinking a lot education lately, as Dalton will start middle school in August.  I even pondered the idea of homeschooling.  Through much prayer, I've come to the decision that is not the road for our family right now.  God may allow this one day.    As I'm not their teacher, I'm to oversees their studies, to be their advocator  and their encourager.  The scary thing about your kids growing up is that you don't know everything.  And you've got to do that big thing and TRUST them!  I keep think back to their lives: Did I teach them the right things?  Did I cross all my T's and dot all my I's?  Did I pray for them enough?  Do I love them enough?
     Dear God,  Thank you so much for the blessings  of my children .  Lord, I pray that their for are clear and focused.  I pray that they have good,, godly teachers.  Give them patience and peace in the class room.  I pray the  school staff and administration.  Please help them to make good decisions.  Please just have Your spirit over the schools of Rutherford County and  over all of this nation.  I pray for peace and safety  above the schools.  Help  my children to follow Your will for them  in their life.   I pray that whether my kids go to a   formal school or barely pass through the school of hard knocks, that they always appreciate the education that You give them.  May they take always take advantage of any opportunities that You may give them.   In Your holy name, I ask...AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so mush for visiting The Crippled Mama. I love comments!

Powered By Blogger