Friday, April 15, 2011

He Gets It & Is Passing It On

I love to listening to preaching/teaching on the radio or CD.  (If you didn't know better you'd thing I'd marry someone in talk radio or something...LOL!!!) My favorite thing to listen to are teaching on being a Christian  wife and mother.  Last week Dalton and I was talking about it -which of course he thinks it's wried that I do this- I told him, I do it to keep my mind focused.  As I go about my daily routine, I'm listening and learning more about God and how to follow Him and do His will.  One of the things I've been listening to lately is The Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie Omartian.  In the book she tells about how her son was having nightmares.  So she went in his rooms (and yes, I do believe in going into my kids rooms; call me nosey if you may) and she found a video game  that was violent and even had stuff to do with an occult I think.  They took the game out of his room and prayed over his room.  Well, lo and behold, the kid stopped having night.  I'm not sure why I told Dalton this story, but I did.  Well, on Sunday the sermon at church was talking about surrounding yourself with good teachings, music, ect.  Later that afternoon I asked Dalton if he understood more of why I listen to the CDs.  He said no and then proceeded to tell me of a friend of his who was having  nightmares and having trouble sleeping.  The went on talking and his friend told him about a song he'd been listening to.  His friend sang it to Dalton and Dalton said: "Mama, it was a horrible, horrible song!"  He suggested to his friend that he may want to stop listening to that song, he actually retold the story of Stormie Omartian's son.  His friend said he would.  So proud of Dalton!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so mush for visiting The Crippled Mama. I love comments!

Powered By Blogger