Friday, April 15, 2011

HOME KEEPER'S JOURNAL: Disapointment

Today’s Homekeeper’s Journal is all about disappointment.
Disappointment. The thing we don’t want and we don’t want our children to experience. But then again, we do want our children to experience it so that they can learn and grow. Disappointment is something that we just wish wasn’t part of life, but it always will be.
My biggest kitchen disappointment ……… For the past few weeks I really haven't felt well for the past couple of weeks; I'm in a lot a pain (Going to the doctor Tuesday).  But because I'm not feeling well I wasn't able to clean the kitchen the house like I wanted or needed to.  
I’ve learned this from disappointment ….. I was blessed with 2 great parents who taught me how to deal with disappointments.  Growing  up with a disability, I had many challenges.  Some I was able to overcome and others I weren't.  My parents  always  tried to encourage and not let me wallow in self - pity.  They pushed me to be the best that I could.  I think disappointment are a part of life and you have to face them and move on.  Some of the most crucial lessons I have learned in my life, have came out of my times of disappointment.  I have to constantly  remind myself to ask; "OK God, what do you want me to learn from this?"What I hope my children can learn from disappointment ….. Just that: that they can learn from disappointment.    I'd like them see their disappointment as stepping stones to get closer to God.
Disappointment with people …..I'm a "people pleaser" by nature and I really want people to be happy so I hate to disappointed them.  On the other hand I try to give people the benefit of the doubt when they disappoint.  However, this is harder to do with the people I love most: Bryan, Dalton & Bobbye Sue.  I tend to be harsher with them.    I really need to pray and seek God's guidance in this area.
The Bible speaks about disappointment a lot. Here are some verses that give us comfort and strength in the face of disappointment.   Tell how these verses can help you overcome disappointment……
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ. For the wrongdoer will be paid back for the wrong he has done, and there is no partialityColossians 3:23-25  We are to work to please God and not others.  I have to pray that God will give me the right frame mind, heart and spirit in order to do my work to please & glorify God.
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life. And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. 1 John 5:13-14  This verse tells me that I am  to be confident in all I do because I believe in Jesus and have eternal life.  If I trust in God and that if I do what I believe that God wants me to do, everything will work out. 

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
 Romans 8:28  I know that if I love God and follow His will for my life that everything will work out.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Philippians 4:6-7  I am not suppose   to get anxious or upset about anything.  I'm to pray about everything and give all my worries to God.

1 comment:

Thanks so mush for visiting The Crippled Mama. I love comments!

Powered By Blogger