Thursday, September 23, 2010

What's simple

http://christianhomekeeper.org/files/2010/06/homekeepers-journal1.jpg

What is simplicity?  Webster's says it's: 1. the state of being simple; 2. freedom from complexity; 3. plainness; 4. freedom from guilt, 5. lack of mental acuteness.  PEACE!!!  I think simplicity is a very individual thing.  What I may see as simple may not make sense to you.  The idea of a simple life may change from day to day to me.  Most days I think I do live a simple life.  We have a really nice home, I don't have to work, Barrett has a great job, our bellies our full...Life doesn't get much sweeter than this.  But there are other days where it may be all I can physically to get up and make breakfast. There are also where I would consider my life simple if I could just drive!  But, this isn’t my plot in life.   I know many, many people who would love to live out in the country on a farm.  This would be beautiful. I'm sure I'd love to come visit.  But to live this kind of life sounds anything but PEACEFUL to me.  It seams physical hard.  I know people are rolling their eyes saying; “So you’re afraid of little hard work???”   No, I’m just trying to be realistic.  I know my limitations.  If my life is not as simple as I want it to be ,  9 out of 10 times when I look back at it, it is I who have made my live complex.  I also think that one of the biggest keys to living a simple is to be content.  I love what Philippians 4:11-13 says; “...for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstance I am.  I know how to have a little and I know how to have a lot.  In any and all circumstances,  I have learned the secret of being content - whether well feed or hungry, weather in abundance or in need.   I am able to do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”  It doesn’t matter what I have, if I’m not content with my Lord, my life is going to be chaos, which to me is the total opposite of simplicity.  That being said, I’m going to share a few simple thoughts as prompted by the Homekeeper’s Journal.

I could probably simplify my kitchen by ….We were fortunate about 2 years ago to be able to total redo our kitchen.  It’s much more accessible for me.  One thing I need to work one is keeping clutter out of the kitchen and cleaning as I go. 

My life needs simplifying in these areas ….I need to be more realistic with people, especially my kids.  I need to let them be kids and not expect them to be all grown up.  I truly want them to stay simple and innocent as long as possible,

I tend to go overboard with .. or, I can’t seem to find a balance with... I overreact to stuff and I sometimes put myself in a situation that has nothing to do me.  This not only conflicts my life but others.

My favorite simple dinner is …  Anything that Barrett cooks, LOL!  He can grill up some mean hot dog and veggies.

My spiritual life needs simplifying especially in this area ….I need to take advantage of my alone time with God and not be constantly looking at ways to fill my time up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so mush for visiting The Crippled Mama. I love comments!

Powered By Blogger