Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hope

Hope- what an awesome topic!  I've really struggled with this this week.  This was the first full week of school and I'm totally lost-  They've both been going to school for 4 years 0r longer, but ever year I have to readjust.  As I'm listening to you show today ( Midday Connection on Moody Radio) I realize it's the story of my life.  I've bee physically disable all my life ~ I'm  36.  It is a progressive (In my opinion) condition.  They're are so many things I want to do but can't.  I do believe that God can and may heal me, but I also believe my disability is a big part of my ministry.  I don't think God caused me to be disabled, but he allowed me to be disabled.  How I deal with it glorifies Him.  It is a daily choice.  Do I graciously accept the life I have and live it too the fullest or do I grumble and complained.  Growing up I actually knew of two adults with Cerebral Palsy.  One was a professor at Vanderbilt and the other had spent her entire life in a state nursing home!. What a contrast!  It was very scary.  I was very fortunate to be raised in a family that believed I could be and do anything.   I always knew I wanted to be a wife and mama.  My mama is totally awesome and I wanted to be just like her.    But her story is not my story.  But that's why God is so great.  We all have our own unique story and no one can fulfill my story but me.    Please God, continue to strengthen and grow me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so mush for visiting The Crippled Mama. I love comments!

Powered By Blogger