Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's Fall Y'all

The start of school brings the hope of fall.  This is bittersweet for me.I'm ready for the kids to go back to school, but at the same time feel guilty and will miss them.  This is something I really struggle with, especially this year  I have to switch gears from being total full force mama to figuring out what God wants me to do with my days.  Fall brings football!!!  My husband is a radio announcer and he announcer a game every Friday night  He also hosts a Monday night sports show and a Saturday morning show.  Our kids stay with my father-in-law every night.  They leave after supper.  He takes them to school and picks them up for me.   So, I spend a lot of time alone.  Don't get me wrong and love my life; I'm able to stay home, my kids don't have to ride the bus to school and  I know they're a blessing to their grandfather, but sometime I feel lonely and like a poor mother.   Anyway.  enough rantings  These are a few of my thoughts on fall as prompted in the Home keeper's Journal.   http://christianhomekeeper.org/files/2010/06/homekeepers-journal1.jpg
Autumn in my kitchen means...I truly believe in most houses the kitchen is the heart of home.  Soups and stews.  Pre-holiday baking.
Autumn in my house brings...Football, fall cleaning
I bring autumn inside...by fall decorations and pumpkin spice/fall scents.
A favorite autumn family activity...our fall cookout/hay ride at church.
Favorite fall recipe...Papa's Cow Tail Soup!
This autumn I would to...have 2 other family over one Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so mush for visiting The Crippled Mama. I love comments!

Powered By Blogger