Sunday, August 21, 2011

Going Through The Marriage Devotional Bible - Day 8 "Get Some Rest"

New International Version (NIV)
31 Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.”

Wow!  Jesus tells us to come and REST.  If you know me, you know I'm addicted to sleep.  School's been in session for over 2 weeks and I'm still trying to recuperate from "summer".  I slept most of Friday -most of last week actually.  I feel really guilty because the house is such mess and there's so much to do, and I know people think I'm lazy but I do "take to my bed" often - alot of times I'm sleeping I just need to lay down - stretch out.
     Well, in the midst of our chaotic "adventure" Friday night; as I tried to figure out where Bobbye Sue was bleeding from and get ready to take her to the ER  God spoke to me in a small voice, saying; "This is why I let you rest today and this week; so you'd have the energy to take care of Bobbye Sue."
      I'm not saying this gives me permission to be lazy and neglect mu responsibility; it does not.  However, it reminded me that nothing I can do to take me out of God's love & grace & that's it OK if it seams like I need a little more rest than the "normal" person.  Yes. I need to try harder on getting my stuff done; but more importantly I need to trust God that He'll give me what I need to get my stuff done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so mush for visiting The Crippled Mama. I love comments!

Powered By Blogger