Thursday, August 18, 2011

Going Through The Marriage Devotional Bible - Day 6 "Who's in the Driver's Seat

New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Calms the Storm
 35 That day when evening came, he said to his disciples, “Let us go over to the other side.” 36 Leaving the crowd behind, they took him along, just as he was, in the boat. There were also other boats with him. 37 A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. 38 Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, “Teacher, don’t you care if we drown?”  39 He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.
 40 He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?”


Why is it so hard to?  To trust God? To trust Barrett?

I'm not a good "in charge" person; Barrett knows this, my little people know this & most people who know me know (& would agree 20 fold)  Giving a normal, calm state of mind, I don't normally wish to take charge of things.   However,  due to the fact that the state of my mind is neither calm nor normal, I can assure you I let myself get into all types of sorts of situations that require me to make decision that I usually fail at.

That being said, when I'm not  in charge I start to feel anxious.  I naturally want to have the ultimate control.   I think submission to Barrett is one of the hardest things about marriage.  I'm naturally a selfish person.  Plus, growing up I was taught to fight for what I wanted; what I need...It was a survival mechanism.    But, I've got to learn to choose my battles.  Even though Barrett's right 99.9% of the  time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so mush for visiting The Crippled Mama. I love comments!

Powered By Blogger