Saturday, August 20, 2011

Going Through The Marriage Devotional Bible - Day 7 "The Risk Of Public Allegiance"

Mark 5:21-43

Here, we are told of two people who pronounce the faith  in God. These were two people can we say, they may not have ever even be suspected to believe in God; one was a upright Jewish leader and the other was a lowly woman who had been cast aside because of a illness she had no control of. 
    Yet they both in their time  of need turned to Jesus; the knew he was their last hope..Too often our pride gets in the way of faith.  I wonder how many Jewish leaders missed out on wonderful blessing simply because they were afraid of what others may think?  How many people in current times miss out on blessing for that same reason?  How many blessings have I missed out on????
     In my marriage ~ how many time have I missed out on chance to be close to and love Barret just because I wanted to be right???  I'm married to a man who's right about 95% of the time and thinks he's right the other 5% of the time.  Being raised by a Daddy who felt the same way; along side brothers who were taught to believe this; I also believe this.  I'll fight you to the core just to prove my point.    While this was the way I was raise and was sometimes necessary for a girl growing up with a disability.  It's not a good quality for a wife to have going into a marriage.  There were times - even no - when I may go along with Barrett, but I don't do it with a humble, submissive heart.  It's my pride.   I want to be right, I want to prove that I'm a strong, independent woman who can take care of herself.  By acting this way, all I do is alienate Barrett.  He always says "I don't know who you think you're fooling, because you're not fooling me!"
I really need to work on being joyful & content in all things, no matter what the circumstances as Paul spoke of in Philippians 4:11.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so mush for visiting The Crippled Mama. I love comments!

Powered By Blogger