Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Going Through The Marriage Devotional Bible - Day 5 "The Value of a Tender Touch"

Mark 1:41-42  "Filled with compassion, Jesus reached out His hand and touched the man. 'I am willing.' He said, 'Be clean!'  Immediately the leprosy left him and he was cured."

A touch can speak volumes.  I am a big fan of Gray Chapman's "5 Love Languages."  One of my primary love languages is touch; both of my kids share this love language too.   I must say that while I do like to be touched; I don't like it when people (i.e. my little people) lay and wallow all over me.
     Barrett, on the other hand  is not a real "touchy-feally" type of person.  So I've really struggled with this in our marriage.  Very early on, I saw it as a form of rejection.  However, as I've gotten to know him over the years, I've learned that it's not; it's just not his main love language.  He did not grow up in a home where love was expressed in that way.
     So, I try very hard to learn his love languages and speak them to him.  Not only is it fulfilling to me; but as time goes an I realized he's starting to speak my love languages too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so mush for visiting The Crippled Mama. I love comments!

Powered By Blogger