Wednesday, February 23, 2011

HOME KEEPER'S JOURNAL: Being Gentle

Homekeeper's Journal 2/22/11

If you would like to participate in The Homekeeper's Journal go on over to The Christian Homekeeper

This week's Homekeeper's Journal is about homemaking and being gentle.
In my kitchen this week... Same ole, same ole.  Trying to keep it clean.
On my mind this week... Praying, thinking and researching about homeschooling,
Gentleness is one of the Fruit of the Spirit so as a Christian … I need to pray to be more gentle and I also need to look up the definiton  of gentle:  (from marriamandwebster.com)
Definition of GENTLE
1
a : belonging to a family of high social stationb archaic : chivalrousc : honorabledistinguishedspecifically : of or relating to a gentlemand : kindamiable —used especially in address as a complimentary epithet <gentle reader>e : suited to a person of high social station
2
a : tractabledocileb : free from harshness, sternness, or violence
When the Bible says that Moses was the meekest of all men (Numbers 12:3);  (New International Version, ©2010) 3 (Now Moses was a very humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth.    it reminds me that …People who are truly followers of God stand out from the rest.  We are not suppose to try to be like and live like the world
The gentle person has died to self, so when I am gentle in situations that cause others to be angry and violent (Proverbs 16:32; 25:28) … 
Proverbs 16:32 (New International Version, ©2010)
 32 Better a patient person than a warrior,
   one with self-control than one who takes a city.
Proverbs 25:28 (New International Version, ©2010)
 28 Like a city whose walls are broken through
   is a person who lacks self-control.
       These verses remind me that it is crucial for me to be patient and have self control in my life.  I really need to work on this - especially in relationship to my husband and my kids.
Knowing that gentleness is not cowardice or lack of conviction 

1 Peter 2:22-23 (New International Version, ©2010)


 22 “He committed no sin,
   and no deceit was found in his mouth.”[a]
 23 When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly


    I am encouraged to …  Be strong and confident in God.    I don't need to be ashamed of being gentle.  It's a gift from God.     It's funny because I don't think of myself as a gentle person, thought I want to be.  I'm more like a bull in a china shop.  I couldn't be physically gentle if my life depended on it.  I do try.  Sometimes, it seams like the harder  I  try to be gentle; the more chaos I cause.  I think the moral of this is that whenever I try on my own  to be gentle; I will fail.  However, If I rely on God; He'll make me gentle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so mush for visiting The Crippled Mama. I love comments!

Powered By Blogger