Friday, August 8, 2014

Happy New School Year


Today is the first full day of school.  Summer flew by.  I think every year it goes faster and faster.  Dalton is a freshman and Bobbye Sue is in middle school - 6th grade this year.  I don't know where my babies went.
For many years, I  have celebrated two New Years a year.  This may sound insane to some people,   but Mamas everywhere know what I'm talking  about.  It's a big change to go from the lazy summer mode to that full force school mode.  Not only do your kiddos  have to get back into habit of going to school; many times you have to reestablish bed times, you may have to look at their chore list and see if they need to be revamped, and perhaps most important you have to reign in supper time.  It's been a fun summer; eating whatever you want whenever you want and often time wherever you want  (ex. in front of the TV).   But it is time to star planning supper and eating together as a family at a more set time.    It's an exciting time of the year for me.  Because it's a kick start thee motherhood in where it may have became stale and repetitive.  I want my kids to know I'm 100% for them.  My job as a mama is to love them, encourage them and make sure that they know how precious they are not only to me, but that they are even more precious to God.

So with that, I wish you all  a Happy New School Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so mush for visiting The Crippled Mama. I love comments!

Powered By Blogger