Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Created to Be His Help Meet - Ch 1: God's Gift

What does being a help meet mean?   To be a help meet to Barrett means I am to serve him and help him in his life and service to God.

"A wise woman doesn't take anything for granted.  She is thankful to be loved and seeks to make herself more lovely." ~ Debi Pearl.

Just because Barrett (was forced to, as he'd jokingly say) put a ring on my hand, doesn't mean that I'll automatic get his love (willing) for the rest of my life.  Yes, we both made promises to love and care for each other, but if I'm not giving my all to him as a wife then his love for me is going to change.  Barrett's a very loyal man, especially to  his family.  There's not doubt in my my mind that Barrett will do whatever he needs to to take care of me.  But I want him to want to care for me.  I don't want to be a burden on him.  Now, Barret and I are in a unique situation because the is a certain amount of limitations that do put a lot of stress on Barrett because there are things that I can't do and/or there may be times where I may need more help than at other times.  I'm so grateful Barret does this, but this is not God's plan.   I was created to be Barrett's wife; to fulfill a need and be a "good thing" for him.   I was created to make him complete.  It just amazes me to think that God created a man just for me and that he made be just for Barrett.  My job as Barrett's help meet is to look around and she what I can do to help my husband; to ease his burden.  I must admit; I could do a lot better at this.  I love Barrett.  Many wives say "Well, I shouldn't have to earn his love."  They're right, you don't have to earn his love, but that's not what being a good help meet is about.  I want to serve Barrett because I love him, not because I want hime to love me more`.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so mush for visiting The Crippled Mama. I love comments!

Powered By Blogger