Monday, July 25, 2011

Reflections on summer 2011

My little people left for Springfield today to visit my mom for a couple of days.  One last summer shindig for them before school starts back.  This summer has flown by.  It's been a great one.  Dalton just turn 12.  I can't believe it.  How did they grow up so fast!  He'll start middle school and she'll start 3rd grade.  For his birthday, we converted Barrett's office and the play room into a bigger bedroom.  We also took up the carpet in Bobbye Sue's room and our room.  We put down linoleum floor.  I must say I love our room the best!!!  We rearranged the furniture and it looks like a room out of a Bed and Breakfast somewhere.  I love our house.  Someone said "For all the money you've put in to your house, you've could have bought a new one.  True, but most of the changes we've done have been to make the house more accessible for me.  In order to get a totally accessible house, you pretty much have to design it yourself.  I know we are blessed that we are able to change and adapt our house as my physical need change.   It allows me to care for my family in an easier manner and to be the best wife and mama to them that I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so mush for visiting The Crippled Mama. I love comments!

Powered By Blogger