Friday, March 7, 2014

Why I Blog

I love to write.  When I was in 4th grade, I got a set of Judy Blume books.  I loved her writing, thought it might be something I could do too, and I’ve been hooked ever since.  Writing is a part of me; I truly think it is part of my ministry. 
   Lately, I’ve been really thinking about trying to grow my blog.  My dream is to be a professional writer one day.  But more than that I truly want to write for God.  I read these different blogs and part of me envy them.  I’m trying to participate in different blog hops and link ups.  I’ve created a blog planner and begin to do research.

     Yesterday, I tried to write a post, just to get one my blog.  The words just wouldn’t come.  Last night, I got to thinking about my writing and I remembered why I didn’t study journalism in college; I didn’t want have a career where I stood the chance of losing my passion.  I don’t want to write just to write.  I want to write to share my faith and try to make the world a better place.  If God wants my blog to grow and go somewhere, then it will.  I’d rather have a few readers who actually read and like my stuff (or not), than have a bunch of reader and have to write and put posts on my blog that don’t have my heart fully in them.  I pray that Gods leads (and that I willing follow) me down the path that He sees fits for my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so mush for visiting The Crippled Mama. I love comments!

Powered By Blogger