Friday, October 1, 2010

This One Thing I Do"

Ch 5 in  Becoming a Woman Of Simplicity



This lesson was very timely for me. I needed that boost to get my mind back on the ONE THING that I should be focused on at all times. Are you focused on the One Thing?

Colossians 1:9-10 tells us that to know God is to Walk worthy of the
Lord, to please Him, to bear fruit in good works, and to grow in my knowledge of Him.

In what ways were Martha and Mary different?
In my mind, Marthe must be the “BIG” sister. She's the one who's been told by their mother to make sure the house, that everyone has enough to eat and everything they need. Mary must be the “LITTLE” sister. She was told to help the “BIG” sister, but soon became bored and wandered off to spy on the stranger in the living room. (LOL1, You can't tell I'm a “BIG” sister!?!?)

Would you be in the kitchen with Martha or would you be sitting with Mary? I'd probably be sitting with Mary, although feeling guilty because I wasn't helping Martha. I'd be wondering “Does Jesus think I'm a awful person because I'm not helping my “BIG” sister? But I want to be with Him.” Yeah, I constantly have thought wars with myself!
Do you spend undistracted time alone with Jesus?
I try, at times I do better than others

Define the word, abide.
To “live” in

According to 1 Corinthians 9:24-27, how can you improve the way you are running the race?
I am to run to win. I have to discipline myself thru prayer, study, and nurturing my relationship with God in order to be properly trained,
Discuss the quote in the book by Tozer, and how you think it might apply to you, which said, "Yet for all God's good will toward us, He is unable to grant us our heat's desires till all our desires have been reduced to one.''
We can't not truly receive ate the blessing that God has in store for us until we make Him our #1 priority.

Talk about any other ideas and understandings you gained from this chapter.
I think through this chapter that I really have to stay close to god and live in Him. Usually when my life gets chaotic and out or control, I can ALWAYS look and see that I've let my relationship with God slide and I'm not as close to Him as I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so mush for visiting The Crippled Mama. I love comments!

Powered By Blogger